About the Program
We provide a path to homeownership. Through home sponsorships, individual donations, and volunteer work, we are able to build safe, quality, beautiful homes and to offer affordable, low-interest mortgages to qualifying families who complete our homeownership program.
In return, Tulsa Habitat offers an affordable 30-year home loan at a fixed, below-market interest rate. We also provide educational courses on homeownership and financial literacy, offer 100% financing offer without requiring Private Mortgage Insurance (“PMI”), and work with our families to ensure that housing costs do not exceed 30% of their monthly household income.
- Be a first-time homebuyer
- Have 12 months of steady income
- Be a legal U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Be willing to complete educational equity hours
- Need adequate housing (financial and physical)
- Be willing to partner with Tulsa Habitat
- Be able to pay for the home
- Earn 30%-80% of area median income (AMI)
- Collect Income Documentation
- Current Paystubs (Last 4)
- Prior Year W2
- 1 Month of Bank Statements
- Attend an orientation or meet with one of our Homeowner Counselors.
- Complete an application and submit the necessary documents for a credit inquiry.
- Eligible applicants will meet with our homeowner counselors to discuss the program and its requirements.
- Approved applicants will enter into a partnership with Tulsa Habitat and begin to complete equity hours, take courses on homeownership and financial literacy, and fulfill other program requirements.
Tulsa Habitat’s orientation class provides a free, no-obligation overview of the program’s process and its requirements. There you can meet with Tulsa Habitat for Humanity staff and schedule a one-on-one meeting with one of our Homeowner Counselors. Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TulsaHFH ) or check back for future orientation dates. At this time, go ahead and fill out the application form below.
To apply for Tulsa Habitat for Humanity’s Homebuyer Program, please review the program requirements. Then complete a customer intake form, either by filling out and sending in a PDF copy or by visiting the Tulsa Habitat for Humanity office, which is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.